IN 4 Training offers the RIISS00034 Surface Coal Mine Safety Skill Set (Standard 11) to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently undertake work in a mining environment.
- This Skill Set is for individuals working in surface coal mining operations in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry
There is no pre requisites for the full course.
However it is recommended that you:
- Be aged 18 or above
- Have successfully completed year 10 or equivalent level of study
- Successful completion of In 4 Training Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator
- Have a good level of English reading and writing skills
- Experience in the mining sector would be of an advantage
Candidates will be assessed through written questioning and providing evidence.
- Your Mine Site
|RIICOM201E||Communicate in the workplace|
|RIIERR205A||Apply initial response first aid|
|RIIERR302E||Respond to local emergencies and incidents|
|RIIGOV201E||Comply with site work processes/procedures|
|RIIRIS201E||Conduct local risk control|
|RIIWHS201E||Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures|
- This Skill Set can provide credit toward a number of Certificate II and III Qualifications in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this skill set can
vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced
prior to application of the Skill Set.
This Skill Set addresses the regulatory requirements for open-cut coal mining specified in
Recognised Standard 11, Training in coal mines – Coal Mining Safety and Health Act,